My husband’s weak spot is baked goods. Especially Home baked goods made from scratch.
However it is just too hot to do a lot of baking during the Summer. Now that the weather is cooling I am finding myself (much to my husband’s delight) in the kitchen whipping up delicious baked treats. Since I had fresh blueberries in the fridge I decided to whip up (with the help of my kids) some fresh blueberry muffins
These blueberry muffins are amazing fresh out of the oven. The muffin is light and fluffy while the baked blueberries practically burst in your mouth with juicy goodness. Best of all they are easy to make!
3 1/2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
5 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
2/3 cup Vegitable oil
1 1/2 cups Milk
2 cup Blueberries (rinsed and well drained)
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients (sugar, baking powder, salt, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.) mix together thoroughly with whisk.
- In a second large bowl combine shortening, egg, and milk and mix thoroughly with whisk.
- Pour the second bowl (of wet ingredients) into the dry ingredients bowl and blend with a fork just until moist.
- Carefully fold in rinsed and drained blueberries. (Some of the blueberries will probably burst while mixing. That’s ok it just creates a fun blue/purple swirlling effect in the muffin mixture)
- Fill greased or paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 F for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
If you want to change up this recipe you can substitute one of the cups of blueberries for 1 cup of raspberries. Either way these muffins are awesome.
How do you prefer to eat your homemade muffins? Right out of the oven while they are still extremely hot? Or Cooled with a glass of milk?