Of all the delicious muffins out there Lemon Poppyseed Muffins are my favorite!
Friday night I had to bake 2 dozen muffins for a Church event happening first thing Saturday morning. I considered making Blueberry or Pumpkin walnut muffins, but in the end, I decided to make Lemon Poppyseed muffins. After all, they are probably the easiest muffins and I knew they would appeal more to the younger crowd (The Church event was a Meet and Greet for the kids in my church and their Sunday teachers.) Knowing how much my family loves Lemon Poppyseed Muffins, I made a double batch (I did this so I could fill the tins higher to have larger muffins and also have an extra dozen for my family)
This Recipe Makes 2 Dozen Muffins
- 1 box lemon cake mix (any kind but chiffon)
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix all the ingredients together until smooth
- Fill Tins (This recipe makes 2 Dozen if you fill the tins 2/3 full. Less if you fill the tins more to have larger muffins like I prefer to do.)
- Bake for 30 min (use a tooth pick to check that they are done)
- Allow to cool a few minutes after you take them out of the oven before eating.
The top will form a nice crust on top (which personally is my favorite part) while the rest of the muffin will be light, moist, and fluffy! As you can see these muffins are super easy to make! However, I am warning you they really are quite addicting. Every time I make them they disappear in short order (unless I hide some which let’s be honest I often do). These muffins are great for parties, luncheons, tea times, or just to plain enjoy.
If you enjoyed this recipe you might also enjoy these: (click on the photos below to go to the posts)