Have you ever had homemade Beef Barley Soup?
You know that Fall is just around the corner when you start to crave some good ol Homemade soup. To be honest, I love Soup so much that I eat it throughout the year. However, throughout the Fall and Winter, I really crave homemade soups. One of my favorite homemade soups is Beef Barley. It is easy to make and it is incredibly savory and hearty.
I love the smells that permeate the home as this soup cooks on the stove. By the time it is done my mouth is always watering in anticipation to tasting it. Seriously, this soup is soo good I usually have to make a double batch because it goes so fast and I like to be able to have some left over for lunch the next day.
Makes 8 hearty servings
- 1 (2 lb) Beef Roast (cubed and Browned in frying pan)
- 2 medium onions (diced)
- 1 cup celery (sliced into little moons)
- 3 Double sized Knorr Beef Bullion Cubes
- 6-8 Carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 6-8 Potatoes (cubed)
- 1 Large Can of Stewed Tomatoes
- 2 Quarts Water
- 3/4 Cup Barley
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper (freshly ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 4 pinches basil
- Sautee cubed beef, barley, onions, and celery in a pan until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Pour into large pot and add all other ingredients (except for the seasonings)
- Cook until soup is done (**Barely takes about 45 mins to become fully tender)
- Add Salt, Pepper, Onion salt and basil and then cook for 5 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
**Side note: If you don’t have a beef roast you can substitute it with ground beef which tastes just as good.
If you liked this recipe you might also like these: (click on the pictures to go to the posts)