Sunday Stew aka Crock Pot Beef stew is one of my personal favorite meals!
Growing up at least once a month my parents would make Sunday Stew (a Classic Beef stew) for Sunday Dinner. I remember watching them quickly prepare the ingredients and turn on the crock pot before leaving for Church in the morning which would give it time to slowly cook to be ready for Dinner later that night. I always loved how juicy and savory every bite was. Yes this i,s definitely a meal that the term seconds was created for. Often my dad would make his famous Orange, Lemon & Pineapple Dessert Jello (get the recipe here) and mom would make homemade Biscuits for us to eat with the stew.
Trust me when I tell you this is one meal that no one in our family ever tired of eating. Now that I am married and have kids of my own, I love the easy convenience of this hearty meal. When the weather get’s cool this is one recipe that I make often.
- 2-4lb Beef Roast (Cubed)
- 4-6 Large Pealed and Sliced Carrots
- 4-6 Large Potatoes (Chopped)
- 3-5 Stalks of Celery (Chopped)
- 2 Medium Onions (Chopped)
- 2 Cans of Cream of Chicken
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Large Crock Pot
- 1 Large Skillet Pan
- Chop up Celery, Potatoes, and Carrots and dump into Large Crock pot
- Cube Beef and Chop Onions then place in Large Skillet Pan to brown the meat
- Once beef is browned dump Beef and Onions in Crock Pot with Vegetables
- Add Cream of Chicken and Soy Sauce into Crock pot with other ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Cook on Low for 4-6 Hours (check at 4-hour mark to see if it need longer)
What I love about this recipe is that when done cooking all the flavors meld together and the beef and vegetables are soo juice they seem to melt in your mouth. My mom says this is the first food she fed us as babies since the meat and veggies are soo tender.
If you liked this recipe you might also like these: (click on the pictures to go to the posts)