Are you a Jello Fan?
Growing up in Utah I have Jello in my lifetime. Some were decent, some were horrible and some were fantastic. It’s all in what flavors you combine and what you put in them. For example, I AM NOT a fan of shredded carrots in Lime Jello. Whoever thought of that combination has a twisted sense of taste. However, Raspberries mixed in Raspberry Jello can be yummy. My favorite Jello dish is one that my dad would often make for us to eat along with Sunday dinner. We ate it as sort of a side dish/dessert and there were never any leftovers. The best part is this recipe is really simple and it sets up really quick.
- 1 (3 oz) Box Lemon Jello
- 1 (3 oz) Box Orange Jello
- 1 (8.25 oz) Can crushed Pineapple (with excess juice drained)
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Ice
- Bring water to boil.
- Add Jello mix and stir till dissolved.
- Pour Jello into 9×13 pan filled with ice.
- Stir the jello and ice till the jello starts to thicken.
- With slotted spoon remove all the ice.
- pour Pineapple into pan with jello and thoroughly swirl pineapple through semi-thickened Jello.
- Place in Fridge to fully set up. (takes about 1.5 hours to fully set up)
My favorite Dinner to have this with is my family’s Sunday (Beef) Stew (Get the Recipe HERE). How do you like your Jello?
If you liked this post you might also like these: (click on the photos to go to the posts)