(I was given Adhesive Foil sheets by Cricut to facilitate this post. The ideas, opinions, and designs within are entirely my own. This post also contains affiliate links. You can read my full disclosure here)
Ornament gifts are all the rage. Even better are Ornament gifts that have a dual purpose like these darling Hot Cocoa filled ones.
I love giving gifts. it makes me happy. That is probably why I love Christmas so very much. It is the season for giving. Sometimes I buy gifts for my friends and family. Often, however, (whenever possible) I try to make something. It’s that personal touch that I think makes all the difference to show those I am giving to that I really care.
This year I thought it would be fun to design some cute Ornament Hot Coco gifts for my friends. Why Hot Cocoa Ornaments? Because they are the gift that keeps on giving. First, they look adorable (seriously I love how these ornaments gifts turned out). Second, they are useful (who doesn’t like some yummy Hot Cocoa on a cold winter day. Third, after the coco is gone, the ornament can be rinsed out and placed on the tree as a lovely addition. So now for how I made them….
- Clear Plastic Ornaments (I used the kind that are sort of flat on the front and back like a squished sphere)
- FREE SVG Cut File (Get it HERE)
- Cricut Explore Air 2
- Cricut’s Design Space
- Silver Adhesive Foil
- Transfer tape
- Strong Grip Mat
- Hot cocoa (I used Stephens Hot Cocoa since it’s my favorite)
- Optional: Cocoa Add-ins (like mini MArshmellows, chocolate chips, Crushed Candy Canes etc…
- Use a funnel to fill the Ornaments with your Hot Cocoa and any add-ins. For mine, I placed the cocoa, then semi Sweet chocolate chips, and lastly Mini Marshmallows.
- Download the Baby it’s Cold Outside SVG Cut File (Get file Here).
- Upload the SVG Cut File into Cricut’s Design Space.
- Insert the Image into your Canvas.
- Size the image for the ornament you are using. (I used standard sized clear plastic balls so I sized the image to at 2.85 in wise) and copy for how many you want to cut on a page.
- Click go button to send canvas to your Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Place Adhesive Foil lining side down on Strong Grip cutting mat and load into your Cricut Explore Air 2
- After cutting image weed the design.
- Cut transfer tape to size of the design and firmly press over the cut foil. then, peel the design off the mat carefully so it transfers to the tape.
- Place the design on ornament pressing firmly then carefully peel back transfer tape to leave the foil on the ornament.
Instructions for Gift Tags:
- Access Predesigned and sized Gift tags in Cricut’s Design Space (You can access the Canvas HERE)
- Click Go button To draw and Cut Tags with Cricut Machine
- Follow instructions for which colored pen to add at what time.
- Attach to the top of the Ornaments with a small ribbon.
If you liked this Post you might also like these:(Click on the photos to go to the posts)