These are seriously the BEST Baked Potatoes you will haver try.
We love potatoes in our home. French fries, tater tots, shoestring potatoes, pan fried potatoes, baked potatoes, and mashed potatoes. Yes, we love them all. Because we have potatoes often in our home I am always looking for new ways to cook them up. Right now in Greece where my family is currently living this recipe has become a family favorite. They are easy to make and very filling. You can have them as a side dish or as an entire meal.
- 4-6 Medium Potatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 Large Onion (diced)
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 3 Tbl Butter
- 3 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Sea Salt
- **Optional (Bacon, Chicken or cubed steak)
- Chop Potatoes and lightly cover with Olive Oil (amount of oil varies depending on the amount of chopped potatoes used).
- Lay single layer on baking sheet or pan
- In Frying Pan sauteed in butter finely diced Onion and Garlic (and Meat if you are using any).
- Pour Contents of frying pan over the potatoes
- Sprinkle top with Sea Salt
- Bake in Oven on 350 until potatoes fully cooked (they are done when you can easily sink a fork in them.) I like to cook them until the edges of the potatoes start to turn a light crispy brown.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella Cheese over the potatoes and stick back in the oven until cheese is fully melted.
Seriously, my husband loves these soo much he requests them a few times a week.
If you liked this recipe you might also like these: (Click on the photos to go to the posts)