POST DISCLAIMER: This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
READER COMMENT DISCLAIMER: Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
Who wants to write fun and romantic messages with these easy to make DIY Valentine Word Fridge Magnets?
One of the questions I get asked all the time about my Cricut Explore Aire 2 is if you are required to use cartridges to use a machine. I guess people ask this questions is because with the Original Cricut Expression cutting machine this was the case. If you wanted to use Fonts other than the original set that came with the machine then you had to purchase a cartridge with specialty fonts. If you wanted to cut shares, designs, boxes etc then you needed the corresponding cartridge for those cut files.
These original cutting machines worked well and we cutting edge technology in their day (no pun intended). However, I am soo happy to say that Cricut has come a LOOOOONG way those original cutting machines. They still make Cartridges with specialty design sets like these Fun Disney Frozen Cartridges However, their Cartridges are all digital now. In addition to Cartridges, they also have what is called the Cricut Design Space where they have a subscription based access to thousands of designs and even make it now projects. And for those who prefer to use their own designs like I often do that is ok too!
So to answer this commonly asked question, No you are not required to use cartridges to use your Cricut cutting machine (but they are available for if you want to purchase them!) Today I want to show you how to make these fun Valentine’s Words Fridge Magnets using my own design files.
This is such a fun DIY project. Best of all when finished they make for creat holiday home decor and activity! My husband and I love leaving messages for each other on our fridge. I even brought these with us to Europe since they didn’t take up much room in my bag. When I get back to the states, I am totally going to have to design some more so we have more words to play around with. So now for how to make these.
- Cricut Explore Air 2 (or any other Cricut Cutting Machine)
- Cricut Design Space
- Valentine Words PNG File (Get Files HERE)
- Printable Magnet Sheets (all 3 pages)
- Strong Grip Mat
- Deep Cut blade
- InkJet Printer (I use the Canon MG7720 Printer)
- Download the Valentine Words PNG files (Get them HERE) **For cut files you usually use SVG files but when using the prit and cut feature you use PNG files with a transparent background like I did for these files.
- Next, upload the 3 Christmas Words PNGs to your Cricut Design Space Canvas.
- For each one, select Complex Image (for the best image Quality). Then Click on the Print and Cut option.
- Select the images from the image Library and then click the button to “Insert Images”.
- I selected all three images and sized them as large as I could for a print and cut page.
- Then Click on the Go button to send the Canvas to the Printer and the Cricut Explore Air 2 cutting Machine.
- Place the Magnet Sheets Face down in the printer and Print the First Print & Cut Page
- Set the dial on the Machine to Custom and then set on the computer under the material drop down to Magnet Sheets)
**If you notice the edges of your designs are a bit fuzzy don’t worry. Cricut makes a bleed line to ensure crisp cuts.
- Place Magnant sheet on Strong Grip Cutting Mat (Carefully matching up the top left corners.), Load into the Cutting Machine and click go to start cutting.
- Peel off unused magnet sheet and gently lift of the Word Magnets.
- Repeat for all three sheets
- Place on the Fridge and enjoy!
I hope you have tons of fun between now and Valentines day writing fun messages with your loved ones on the fridge with htese magnets. I know that I will!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.