Are you looking for information about the Cricut Joy?
Cricut’s CEO just announced the newest member of the Cricut Family the new Cricut Joy. This compact and portable machine is the perfeect companion machine to those who already have Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker machines for while it cannot cut as many materials as the Cricut Air or Maker it is a lot easier to pull out to do quick and easy projects or to transport for crafting on the go.
The Joy is also a great starter machine for those who mainly want a Cricut for smaller easier projects like cards, labels, tags, mugs, signs decals, coasters and custom clothing.
Ever since the announcement of the Cricut Joy was maid the internet has been on fire with questions from crafters about this new crafting machine. Here are the answers to the top 20 Cricut Joy Questions:
1. When Will The Cricut Joy be Available to Purchase?
The Cricut Joy and associated tools & materials will be available to purchase come March 1st
2. Where Can I Purchase a Cricut Joy?
You will be able to purchase a Cricut Joy -->HERE<-- on Cricut.com as well as at all their partner stores (Michaels, JoAnns, Hobby Lobby, Walmart...)
3. Why Do The Cricut Joy, Materials & Accessories Say They Are Out Of Stock on Cricut.com?
As soon as Cricut's CEO made the announcement about the Cricut Joy their website store showed the product listing for the machine, materials & accessories to show what will be available come March 1st.
Since the product is not officially available yet each listing shows Out of Stock this will be changed once they are available for purchase.
4. How Much Does the Cricut Joy Cost?
The Cricut Joy retail price is set at $179.99
5. What Comes With The Cricut Joy?
The Cricut Joy comes with: Blade + Housing, Fine Point Pen, Black (0.4 mm), StandardGrip Mat, 4.5" x 8.5" (11.4 cm x 16.5 cm), Welcome card, Power adapter, Materials for a practice cut & Free trial membership to Cricut Access™ (for new subscribers)
6. Does the Cricut Joy Come In More Than One Color?
No. At this time the Cricut Joy only comes in one color option: Teal & White
7. What Materials Will Be Available For The Cricut Joy?
8. What Tools & Accessories Are Available For The Cricut Joy?
9. What Materials Can Be Used Without A Mat?
Cricut's Smart Vinyl, Smart Iron-on & Smart Labels do not need a mat.
Infusible Ink, Paper Materials, Insert Cards & Scraps do require a mat
10. Can I Use Materials Not Made For The Cricut Joy?
You can pretty much use any material that can be cut with a fine point blade. However, if you are using a material not specifically made for the Cricut Joy (like Cardstock) You will need to cut it down to fit and use it with a mat.
11. Can You Use Pens/Blades From Cricut's Other Machines With The Cricut Joy?
No. Due to the compact size of the Cricut Joy, it has a specially sized blade & housing as well as pens.
12. Does The Cricut Joy Require A Different Design Space?
No. the Cricut Joy uses the same Cricut Design Space.
13. Does The Cricut Joy Require An Internet Connection to Work?
You will need to be connected to the Internet initially to install the Cricut Software and set up your machine. However, if you are using Design Space for Desktop or for iOS, then you also have the option to work offline.
14. Does The Cricut Joy Come With Any Free Fonts And Designs?
Yes! Your Cricut Joy comes with 50 ready-to-make projects to get you started. How cool is that?!? Plus all Design space users have access to additional fonts, images, and ready-to-make projects at no charge.
15. Does the Cricut Joy Have a Battery or a Power Cord
The Cricut Joy uses a Power Cord.
16. Does The Cricut Joy Have a Cable To Connect With Your Computer?
No. The Cricut Joy works wirelessly via Bluetooth
17. What Devices Can You Use The Cricut Joy With?
The Cricut Joy is Compatible to work with compatible Computers( Windows or Mac), Tablets & Phone (Apple &Android)
18. How Long A Design Can the Cricut Joy Cut?
With Smart materials, you can cut continuous image up to 4.25” wide and 4 ft long or repeated shapes up to 20 ft
With a cutting mat, you can cut up to 4.25 inches x 6.25 inches, or 4.25 inches x 11.75 inches.
19. Can I use Any Pens With The Smart Labels?
Cricut Joy's Smart Labels were designed to be used only with the Fine Point Pens. These pens work extremely well with the smart labels drying almost instantly with no smearing for an awesome glossy finish.
20. How Do You Load And Cut Materials When There Are No Buttons On The Cricut Joy?
Yes, the Cricut Joy has no buttons. Everything is controlled via Bluetooth from Design Space. After you click to make your project and select if you are using a smart material or a mat, you then click the load button and insert your material or mat into the Cricut Joy. The Cricut Joy Has sensors which will recognize that you have inserted your material/mat and will automatically load it fully into the machine (If you are using a Smart material the Cricut Joy will then quickly scan the full length of your material to make sure you have enough to cut your project. Then you select Go on Design Space for your Cricut to begin cutting/drawing.
Do you still have questions about the Cricut Joy? Ask them in the coments below and I will make sure to answer them for you.
If you like this post, then check out these: (Click on the photo to go to the post)